- Rising Sun individual ministries are works beyond walls, going where people are. From fire service rescue, hospital and hospice chaplaincy, prison ministry, and theatre ministry, we reach out anywhere we are needed to be that voice of hope and instrument of change. We are based out of our homes but do not seek tax exemption for our property beyond ownership of ritual items held in common. When we need to, we rent hotel spaces or retreat centers, but our primary work is as house churches for personal worship.
- A Company of Strangers – (MD) – Theatre ministry for the homeless and disenfranchised. 240-764-5748.
- All Clergy in Rising Sun Outreach Ministry are ordained and are licensed in Maryland, DC, Virginia, and Ohio for marriages and civil unions. We are trained in helping with funerals, memorials, and interfaith ceremonies. Contact any of us to help you.
Rev. Charles Butler, Neto – email@example.com – Founding Trustee of Rising Sun Outreach Ministry. Interfaith Minister. Charles is trained in Christianity, Santeria, Umbanda, and Wicca. He is currently a full-time student in the Master of Divinity program at Howard University School of Divinity in his Senior year. He was reared in Pentecostal traditions and traveled in house-church ministries and worked with Metropolitan Community Church for many years. He was trained in Santeria by Baba George Rawlings of the Temple of St. Michael in Baltimore, MD. He was trained in Wicca by Ingrid Dennison and Oscar Garcia-Vera of Ravenwood, and confirmed as a Wiccan High Priest by Rhiannan Maat of the Temple of Isis Rising. He founded Ecumenicon Fellowship and was ordained by them as an interfaith minister. He is currently in training with two tendas (temples) of Umbanda in Brazil and has functioned as a prison minister contractor with FCI Cumberland (MD), FCC Hazelton (WV) and on-call with Jennifer Road & Ordnance Road Detention Centers in Anne Arundel County, MD. He is also in correspondence with three other Federal facilities in West Virginia, Kentucky, and Michigan, 14 State prisons in Missouri, 1 State prison in Virginia, one in Arizona, and one in South Dakota. He and his wife Fancy run the Rising Sun Terreiro (house temple) at 3205 Kimberly Road in Hyattsville, MD. He is also the director of A Company of Strangers theatre ministry. He performs interfaith weddings, funerals, naming ceremonies, and leads interfaith worship services. Call him at 301-653-6346. See Also Prison Ministry.
Rev. Fancy Butler – firstname.lastname@example.org
– Founding Trustee of Rising Sun Outreach Ministry. Fancy is trained in Christianity and Voudoun, and helps to run Rising Sun Terreiro, a combined mystic household in the Umbanda/Voudoun Wiccan tradition. She works in public health and will help guide a person to professional resources as needed. She will pray for guidance from the ancestors and hears from ghosts who are needing passage to the light. She senses the spiritual around her and sees fairies, gnomes, and other entities which can help or hinder. She is a transwoman, so able to speak to those who are both male and female and she walks the two spirit path. She was trained by Mambo Mama Rose of New Orleans and was elevated to Mambo by Lady Shakmah Winddrum of Philadelphia. Call her at 301-653-6346.
Rev. Pamela Griffith – email@example.com, – Founding Trustee and Treasurer of Rising Sun Outreach Ministry. Pamela is trained in Christianity, Catholicism, Paganism, and Wicca. She was raised in the Roman Catholic tradition and was baptized as an infant. She started on her Wiccan path in her teens and has since been practicing. She was very active with Boy Scouts of America in which she was the Religious Counselor for both Cub and Boy Scouts. With over 40 years of experience in Wicca, largely solitary and with the Correllian Nativist Tradition, which ordained her in 2007, as a third Degree High Priestess, Ordained Minister and Temple Head of the Temple of the Mystic Light. She was a founding member of the Washington Baltimore Pagan Association and she is a member of the Interfaith Fairness Coalition of Maryland. She is very active with The Baltimore Witches meet-up, her private students and open circle of the Temple of Mystic Light. She holds a certificate in Clinical Mental Health from University of Maryland University College working on her Bachelors in Psychology, Holistic Healthcare Practioner from the Global College of Natural Medicine, a Usui Reiki Master and Teacher, Kundalini Reiki Master. As a recognized Ordained Minister she has also facilitated in weddings, Wiccanings and funerals. He is available for classes and public service events.
Rev. Sandy Harris – firstname.lastname@example.org–
– Founding Trustee of Rising Sun Outreach Ministry. Sandy is trained in Christianity, Quakerism, Paganism, and Wicca. She was raised in Protestant traditions and joined the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in adulthood. Her son introduced her to Wicca some 20 years later. She was trained in the Bhakti-Wiccan Tradition by the Fellowship of the Sacred Grove and ordained Priest in 1995. She was named Ordained Minister and Cleric Priestess by Sacred Well Congregation in 2008. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Earth Sciences from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a Master of Divinity in Pagan Pastoral Counseling from Cherry Hill Seminary. She leads the Sacred Grove Community Circle (SWC) in Falls Church, Virginia and functions as an on-call chaplain at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus. She is also a chaplain in the Fairfax County Community Chaplain Corps.
Rev. Skip Koritzer –email@example.com – Founding Trustee of Rising Sun Outreach Ministry. Rev. Father Skip Koritzer, Order of the Servant Franciscans (OSF) was a priest with the Old Catholic Church for many years. He passed in 2016. He worked with special ministries as a chaplain with the Maryland Fire Service, the American Legion, and was on call throughout the DMV (DC, Maryland, DC, Virginia) working with accident victims and their families. He was actively involved in the meetings of the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments presentations. He will be sorely missed.
Peggy E. Thompson is the Federal Prison liaison for Rising Sun Outreach Ministry and has training in criminology. She functioned as chair of the Cleveland State University Pagan Student Alliance for many years and has been working as a Wiccan Priestess for many years. She is our prison correspondence liaison, answering people in 5 institutions who are seeking guidance from Wicca, Santeria, and other spiritual traditions.
Rising Sun Terreiro (Terreiro Sol Sirgiu)
Rev. Charles Butler, Neto, Baba
Rev. Fancy Butler, Mambo
3205 Kimberly Road, Hyattsville, Maryland 20782
(5 blocks from the West Hyattsville Green Line Metro)
(home congregation, we meet weekly on Wednesday nights and as need arises)
Sacred Grove Community Circle (SWC)
& Fellowship of the Sacred Grove
Sandy Harris, Priestess
Temple of Mystic Light
Rev. Pamela Griffith, Priestess